KAST is looking for an exceptional Part-I Architectural Assistant to join its practice in Truro, Cornwall, just twenty minutes from the coast. We are looking for a talented designer with strong presentation skills and a diligent work ethic to join our practice to work on a growing portfolio of one-off houses, offices and education projects across the UK. We are a small but growing practice, so the role will be varied and will cross all RIBA work stages.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- a strong design portfolio;
- excellent presentation skills;
- ability to work as part of a team but also individually;
- must be able to take initiative and be creative;
- ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines;
- a desire to learn and to progress in a supportive environment;
- excellent written and spoken English;
- excellent Vectorworks, SketchUp and Photoshop skills;
- attention to detail is essential – in design, but also writing and presentation of work;
- full UK/EU driving license.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- a brief summary in the email of the position you are applying for, and why you would like to work for us;
- an attached letter outlining your experience, ambitions, availability, and salary expectations
- a CV;
- a PDF portfolio of maximum of 10MB showcasing your work, including images and text.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 30th August, with interviews in September and the successful applicants will commence work immediately.